The varied activities within the project offer our volunteers a chance to concentrate their efforts on tasks or activities that they are particularly drawn to. Some enjoy the outside and contribute to harvesting and propagating new fruit trees; some prefer the kitchen and prepare, and bottle, the preserves, some like the hectic juicing times, some enjoy the creative creation of the gift boxes or the quiet and sociable times of labelling. Of course these are not set boundaries and many volunteers are involved at all stages of the project.
We currently have around 20 regular volunteers (and are always looking for more) There is something for everyone:
- Jean deals with the website
- John is chief juicer and cider maker
- another John is chief label printer and cutter
- Elaine sews our pomace collecting bags
- Hilary supplies the technical expertise for pruning and grafting
- Many members of the local community donate their surplus fruit
- Chris and John provide the facilities for juice production and storage
- and Henry (photo) is our eco-friendly delivery vehicle!
Also picking fruit, juicing, bottling, labelling, preparing gift boxes, manning the Christmas stall, making tea and opening the biscuit tin. Thinking of volunteering? You’ll be most welcome.
If you would like more information on volunteering (and possibly a cuppa and biscuit or two) please contact:
Chris – email: email@example.com